Friday, April 09, 2010

Jeanette Winterson talks about her book "Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit

Jeanette Winterson talks about how she grew up in a northern working class community and wrote her book twenty-five years ago, Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit. Having started writing sermons at the age of eight, she says, "I'm still an evangelical, I'm still trying to change the world...It really upsets me that I can't be Dean of St Paul's."
On the Bible--"I want to let the (biblical) text be expansive..its helpful to retain the symbolic world and not explain it because that's reductionist."

1 comment:

Episcopaliann said...

I loved that book! She is a wonderful author.

Podcast Conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education

 Just thrilled that our podcast conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education are available here: https://podcast...