From The Teachings of Silvanus: "Do not be a sausage which is full of useless things."
Monday, March 29, 2010
Sara Maitland on silence
Sara Maitland, author of A Book of Silence
, comments "The more time you have for silence the more interesting the prayer gets." She now lives in prayerful isolation in a cottage on the Scottish moors. Petitionary prayer is one of the duties of people who live alone, she says, since it prevents self-obsession.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Oxford Handbook of the Book of Common Prayer Edited by Ruth A. Meyers, Luiz Carlos Teixeira Coelho, and Paul F. Bradshaw Oxford Handbo...
-
The Oxford Handbook of the Book of Common Prayer Edited by Ruth A. Meyers, Luiz Carlos Teixeira Coelho, and Paul F. Bradshaw Oxford Handbo...
-
I Timothy 2:11-15: 11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority ov...
1 comment:
I read the book on my way to a very talkative consultation in Crete at which I was doing that least silent of things - interpretting!
It's a good read and challenging to our times
Post a Comment