From The Teachings of Silvanus: "Do not be a sausage which is full of useless things."
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
From Columbus, Ohio #1
General Convention is taking place in Columbus, Ohio for the next several days which is where I'll be. Amongst other things including responses to the Windsor Report, Ruth Gledhill of the London Times (now publishing in the US for $1.00 daily) opines that a topic will be a debate over whether ECUSA will "repent" our actions in consecrating an openly gay bishop. I am looking forward to great liturgy and preaching of the word and to hearing from Anglicans around the world. On my taxi ride from the airport, the Somali driver enlightened me with up to date information from Mogadishu and Nairobi (where his family now lives given the present state of Somalia). He announced that we were neighbours (since I was born in Kenya).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Oxford Handbook of the Book of Common Prayer Edited by Ruth A. Meyers, Luiz Carlos Teixeira Coelho, and Paul F. Bradshaw Oxford Handbo...
-
The Oxford Handbook of the Book of Common Prayer Edited by Ruth A. Meyers, Luiz Carlos Teixeira Coelho, and Paul F. Bradshaw Oxford Handbo...
-
Yesterday, the ABC, Rowan Williams lectured on the Bible: Reading and Hearing. He spoke of the Bible as the sacred literature of the Church...
1 comment:
I so wish I were there, but it is not to be this time! Please post lots of updates!
Post a Comment