Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Is marmalade disappearing?


Alan Coren in the Times (UK) laments the disappearance of marmalade. Oh no! Of course its nostalgic to remember breakfasts growing up with toast and marmalade. I like marmalade myself. My mother continues to make it as she and my father eat it every day. Just this week we were discussing marmalade she made over three days with oranges, lemons and grapefruit. According to the Guardian, fewer and fewer people do. Not people my age of course. 81% of all marmalade sold in the UK is eaten by the over-45s. Marmalade is seen as part of the colonial heritage along with M&S knickers. Speaking only for myself I like the citrus taste of marmalade whether it be orange or lime or grapefruit or lemon and I recommend it with enthusiasm! (It goes well with sausages)

No comments:

Podcast Conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education

 Just thrilled that our podcast conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education are available here: https://podcast...