Sunday, May 31, 2009

Daily Telegraph capitalizes on exclusive coverage of MP expense scandal

I can add one piece of information to the NY Times report by Eric Pfanner about the exclusive coverage of MP tax funded expenses from the Daily Telegraph. I happened to be in the the UK last week when my mother took a phone call that began by asking what newspaper she subscribed to. "None," she replied. (We bought the Times and the Guardian on several occasions during my stay. My parents also buy local papers which come out weekly.) The caller then proceeded to ask whether she would be interested in subscribing to the Daily Telegraph. It was obvious that the MP expense scandal was being used to promote the newspaper and increase circulation.

No comments:

Podcast Conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education

 Just thrilled that our podcast conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education are available here: https://podcast...