Wednesday, January 02, 2008

David Smith: Star Reference Librarian at the New York Public Library

“I expedite the use of the library,” Mr. Smith said over lunch at the Algonquin Hotel, explaining just what it is he does. “I’ve been called a connector. I’m in a position to save people time. I know where to find things.” Like the other dozen or so librarians at the reference desk of the library’s landmark Fifth Avenue building, Mr. Smith provides information free.

This just makes my heart sing...

1 comment:

fleurmagnifique said...

As a fellow librarian, this story warms the cockles of my heart! Thank you.

Podcast Conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education

 Just thrilled that our podcast conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education are available here: https://podcast...