A few simple Vermont sayings, collected by Allen R. Foley, author of The Old-Timer Talks Back.
• What you don't say won't ever hurt you.
• You can't always judge a cow by her looks.
• It's better to wear out than rust out.
• Independence is better than riches.
• It's nice to sit and think but sometimes it's nicer just to sit.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Jessica Weisberg Elisabeth Kübler-Ross later applied the same five stages she identified in the process of dying—denial, anger, bargaini...
David Bentley Hart's new translation of the New Testament is a breath of fresh air: responsible, creative, and inspiring. Yale Unive...
On our recent visit to Istanbul, we were told we must not miss a visit to the Pera Museum in Beyoglu where "The Tortoise Trainer"...