"S. Mary Woolnoth, London, was the least conventional of all Hawksmoor's churches. A basement, with both window and portal designed en niche has banded rustication extending round the two extremely tall Doric columns. Above this a free-standing Corinthian order encircles the belfry and supports twin turrets."
— Sir Banister Fletcher. A History of Architecture. p1039.
Spent the day walking around City Churches many of which were open. St Mary Le Bow Cheapside (left) was built by Sir Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of 1666. Its steeple is 236' high. The stone arches in the crypt give the church its name. Above is a temple of Mithras uncovered in the 1950's.