Thursday, October 11, 2007

Old Testament version of The Bible:The Complete Experience

Now Zondervan can claim that the title, The Bible: The Complete Experience really is just that with the OT scheduled to come out today.

The Old Testament version features the voices of over 400 distinguished African-American actors, musicians, personalities and clergy, including 2007 Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker (Moses), Angela Bassett (Esther), Cuba Gooding Jr. (Jonah), Denzel and Pauletta Washington (Song of Songs), LL Cool J (Samson), and Bishop T.D. Jakes (Abraham), among others.

What I find striking and sometimes just odd is the music. I'm not exactly sure that "life-like sound effects" is accurate (how do we know?) and the "original music underscore" occasionally threatens to overwhelm the oral delivery. I'd like an explanation of who thought the music would be appropriate and by what means it was created and selected.

2 comments:

Rev Dr Mom said...

Have you heard any of it?

I tend to agree with your take on "life like sound effects"...yikes. And I'm not sure the music would enhance my experience.

Unknown said...

At least they could have asked me to do the music. That would have been fun, but I doubt my stuff is what they are looking for.

God's Peace,
J+

Podcast Conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education

 Just thrilled that our podcast conversations with contributors to Borderlands of Theological Education are available here: https://podcast...